While awaiting formal policy plan development, the SIG will further develop with small task forces of active members already started projects by network members linked to earlier WONCA meetings:
Online inventory of running projects, training strategies and practice tools
Collect country descriptions of available services
Make an inventory of needs and define priorities for a common policy plan
Develop a consensus on disclosure and assessment of immediate risk
October 2016 news
• Steering group members and a convener are appointed for three years at each WONCA world meeting by the WONCA SIG Family Violence membership.
• The Steering group members use information technology to develop further policy proposals to be endorsed through contacts with their own networks, further developed at regional meetings and endorsed at WONCA World meetings.
• Decisions are taken by common agreement or if needed by simple majority vote; in case of equal views the view of the convener will decide.
• Steering group members and active members are expected to report to their own organizations/working parties for broad endorsement of terms of reference in 2013 and first policy plan development in 2014 as well as any updates.
• Priorities will be set in collaboration with the represented networks at planned yearly workshops or satellite meetings for WONCA conferences
• Web based communication will be used actively for exchange and discussions between WONCA meetings.
• The policy plan proposed by the steering group will always be circulated to represented networks and organizations by the delegates for advice; it will be updated and debated at open general assembly meetings at yearly WONCA meetings.
• A Google group will be opened for active members for further broad open exchange on ideas, needs and suggestions.
• Approved documents will be displayed online and proposed to WONCA World website and network websites through an editing committee with regional representation