Taiwan family medicine research award
The Taiwan Family Medicine Research Award (TFMRA) was established by the Chinese Taipei Association of Family Medicine in 2008. The TFMRA was founded to encourage junior family physicians to conduct research in the specialty of family medicine. It will support two junior family physicians to attend the WONCA World Conference.
TFMRA offers a prize of USD 1,500 each to two young family physicians for the excellence of their research, to enable them to attend the WONCA World Conference. The TFMRA winners will present their research papers (if abstract is accepted) and be awarded by the President of the Chinese Taipei Association of Family Medicine at the WONCA World Conference. One out of the two award winners must be from the Asia Pacific region.
Eligibility for applicants
1. The applicant must be a practicing family physician, an attending physician, a resident, or a graduate student in the specialty of family medicine.
2. The applicant should be under 40 years old or have no more than three years of research experience.
3. Nomination is limited to one applicant by each WONCA member organization.
4. The applicant must submit a full paper which is not yet published and has not been presented at any international meeting.
5. The submitted paper has not been funded or awarded any prize.
Criteria for selection
1. Relevance of the research topic to family physicians of the country where the research was conducted.
2. The rigor of research methodology.
3. The contribution of the research to clinical practice.
4. Quality of the writing of the literature review, materials and methods, results, and discussion.
5. The paper should be an original article and comply with code of research ethics.
Please send nominations by the closing date of 31st March 2016 - to:
Professor Amanda Howe,
Chair, WONCA Nominating and Awards Committee
by email to the WONCA World Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org