WONCA Africa brief update
The Annual Meeting of the WONCA International Classification Committees (WICC) 20-25th Sept 2013 in Johannesburg went off very well. The WONCA Africa region president, Dr Matie Obazee, was present with other African colleagues and engaged extensively with WICC members. Have a look at a video
capturing the moments of WICC 2013 Joburg.
Please join the AfriWon - South Africa conference at Wits 29th Nov to 1st Dec 2013. They have a programme over three days to examine the big picture of Family Medicine in Africa, explore education-research and develop AfriWon as the organisation of young family doctors in Africa. Have a look at their invitational video
and the details of the conference here
Check out really useful clinical stuff for PHC at www.WoncaAfrica.org.
See a few posts below.
· WHO Consultation on Primary Care Providers' Experiences with Health Services
· New eLearning course - mHealth Basics: Introduction to Mobile Technology for Health
· East Africa Family Medicine Initiative
· Afriwon on Wonca front page
· Tanzania's First National HRH Conference
· Universal health Coverage: why insurance schemes are leaving the poor behind
. New Oxfam report out
Diarise these dates
· SA Academy of Family Physician Conference (including AfriWon-SA PreConference): 2-4 May 2014, Pretoria, SA
· WONCA Africa Regional Conference (Including AfriWon Pre-Conference & Primafamed Conference); 15-20 February 2015, Accra, Ghana
Keep tabs on Wonca Africa: WoncaAfrica.org
(quick stuff), Facebook
(light stuff) and Linked-In
(serious stuff). Forward this to colleagues to join this list here
Shabir Moosa (find out more about Shabir here