Deadline soon - Women's bursaries for Prague
The WONCA Working Party on Women in Family Medicine (WWPWFM) announces bursaries to enable women family physicians to attend the WONCA World Conference in Prague (25- 29 June) and the WWPWFM preconference on Tuesday 25 June.
The WWPWFM is pleased to announce the opportunity to apply for eight bursaries of $1000 (US) each to attend the conference and the preconference day. We aim that half these bursaries will be given to young / new family doctors, (‘young / new’ is defined as family practice/general practice residents, registrars or those within five years of practice), divided among the WONCAregions.
These bursaries are for women family doctors. Each bursary is for $1000 (US). Reimbursement will occur through submission of original receipts only.
This is a time limited opportunity. Applications due on or before Sunday 28 April 2013.
The bursaries will be awarded through a competitive process:
- To apply, each applicant must submit a curriculum vitae and an essay of not more than 250 words. The essay must explain who they are, why they are interested in attending the WWPWFM activities, how the work of the WWPWFM relates to their professional and personal lives and evidence of participation and /or leadership in their national GP/family organisation. We expect recipients to take an active role in promoting the aims and work of WWPWFM on their return.
- Each applicant must include a letter of support from a colleague active in WONCA or WWPWFM, and must be able to attend the entire conference period, including the preconference day on Tuesday June 25.
The following experiences will be definite assets in consideration of applications for a bursary:
• Previous participation in WWPWFM activities; and/or
• Evidence of local or national leadership in general practice/family medicine organization, including a training organisation; and/or
• Evidence of experience in women’s health issues; and/or
• Evidence of experience with promoting gender equity .
Please submit the curriculum vitae and essay to:
Prof Amanda Barnard,
Chair of the WWPWFM
Email address WPwomen@wonca.net